Assignment: Aldi Australia
The purpose of this assignment is to again provide you with an opportunity to apply knowledge, theory, frameworks and tools from the early part of the unit to an analysis of the strategy and strategic practices of a real organization. In this assignment, you will work to analyze the strategies pursued by the Aldi Australia discount supermarket chain since its local launch in 2001. You will evaluate marketing-related strategies and their effectiveness and relate to real-life experiences and relevant research to look at core marketing theory. The aim is to provide experience of marketing analysis and practice and to determine your ability to relate real marketing strategy to theory and research.
The Overall Task
In increasingly competitive markets, consumers have a greater choice over where they buy their goods and services. For an organization to meet its business objectives, it has to find out what consumers require and then identify the best way in which it can satisfy these needs and wants. Creating a competitive advantage can be difficult. A unique marketing strategy with clear objectives is vital to ensure effective promotional activity.
Your task in this case analysis is to answer two questions by critically analyzing Aldi’s market situation. Please do not just describe events, although you should read Aldi’s history to understand the background to your analysis (this may include some history on Aldi’s international operations). You should use the principles and concepts that you have learned throughout the unit to answer the following two questions:
1. What marketing strategy or strategies has Aldi Australia has adopted since it was launched? Answer this question by applying one or more of the theoretical approaches discussed in the course Aldi Australia assignment sample.
2. What marketing options can you describe for Aldi if it wishes to remain a successful organization in Australia throughout the next decade? Answer this question based on the circumstances that exist in 2019 and your best forecasts of relevant future industry factors Aldi Australia assignment sample.
These are wide-ranging questions and you should undertake extensive independent research into Aldi Australia and its industry. You should explore different aspects of these issues and incorporate them into your report. This is a practical assessment of a real company, but you need to show an understanding of theory and research in your evaluation and suggestions Aldi Australia assignment sample.
1. Begin to gather information about Aldi and its marketing-related strategies. There are a range of sources you can make use of, including the company’s own corporate website and related publications, academic journals, business press and media, blogs and so on. The quality business press such as Forbes or Business Week or the Economist are in some ways good places to start.
2. However, you need to begin to study relevant course materials as the task requires you to analyze and evaluate Aldi’s marketing strategy in relation to theory, frameworks and research.
3. Consider each of the two questions carefully and begin to relate practice to theory in an attempt to answer each of them. The questions explicitly direct you to specific aspects of the unit material and to specific types of models, tools and theories.
4. It should be clear that there is no definitive right answer here. This also mirrors reality, in that companies are not able to find a single solution or pathway; they have to make difficult choices from alternatives. In the light of that, try to explore different aspects of the two questions – there are no ‘correct’ answers and lots of valid arguments for and against all kinds of alternatives. The merits of your argument will depend to a large extent on how much evidence you can cite to support your point of view; that is why this is called a research project.
5. Write up your analysis. This should be in a report format. Here is a suggested structure: a. Executive Summary
c. Background to the Company
d. Marketing Analysis
i. The Nature of Aldi’s Marketing Strategy or Strategies since it began.
ii. Strategic Marketing Options for Aldi moving forward
Ensure that you have related the real conditions of the company to theory and research and that you have read, cited and referenced appropriate academic material as well as more popular sources (which also need to be properly referenced).
6. Submit the report via the Turnitin Submission Link (under Assessment Tasks and Submissions on the Blackboard site)…be fully aware of the plagiarism rules in the School; plagiarism will not be tolerated. 7. The marking criteria for the assignment can be found on the following page. They are published to give you detailed guidelines about the way in which your mark will be calculated. Please read them carefully. Note that they are a guide, not a definitive formula for allocating marks, and no set of criteria can accurately describe every possible assignment. Your final mark will reflect the application of academic judgment by your marker to your whole assignment.
This is a sample assignment of Aldi australia From our experts get your report of management right now
Page 3 of 5
School extension policy
Students wanting an extension must make a request at least 24 hours before the assessment item is due and the request must be received in writing by the unit assessor or designated academic.
Extensions within 24 hours of submission or following the submission deadline will not be granted (unless supported by a doctor’s certificate or where there are exceptional circumstances – this will be at unit assessor’s discretion and will be considered on a case by case basis). Extensions will be for a maximum of 48 hours (longer extensions supported by a doctor’s certificate or exceptional circumstances to be considered on a case by case basis).
A penalty of 5% of the total available grade will accrue for each 24 hour period that an assessment item is submitted late.
This is a Sample Assignment Of Aldi Australia From our experts get your report of management right now
Our Top Features
All Subjects Covered
It doesn’t matter if you are in college or university our experts have got all your academic needs covered. Be it Law, Management, Business, IT, Finance or others our experts have got you covered.
Plagiarism Free Work
We understand just how embarrassing it can be to get your papers rejected due to plagiarism. Therefore at Topicwize, we have a strict rule against plagiarism.
We are aware that every client has a different set of requirements. So even though our writers may draw impeccable contents, it may not live up to your expectation.
24/7 Live Support
Last minute assignments can truly be a hassle.So, we decided to launch the ’24-hour deadline assignment service’. Even if you have an assignment that needs to be submitted within 24 hours, we will accept your order.